Extend is a national child care provider. We provide our services in NSW, VIC, QLD, ACT, SA and WA.
We are currently not experiencing any COVID-19 alerts across the country, although we are cautiously watching numbers and keeping up to date with Government guidelines.
As you return to work, study, and other pursuits throughout Term 1, you can be assured your child will have fun and be enriched whilst in the safety and reliability of our care.
We will continue to provide COVIDsafe practices throughout Term 1. These include:
- Our Educators are fully trained in safety and hygiene practices.
- All our Educators are fully vaccinated.
- Where the State Government has not mandated the wearing of masks, we
strongly recommend our Educators wear masks indoors at the service.
- Appropriate social distancing measures for children and adults.
- Diligent hand hygiene including hand washing on arrival, before and after food
and every 30 minutes.
- Regular use of surface disinfectant on hard surfaces including door handles
and light switches.
- Ensure exemplary food handling procedures.
- Ensure children do not attend the service when they are unwell.
- Educators who are experiencing symptoms are asked to take a RAT test and if negative, can attend work.
- Educators who have tested positive are told not to attend work and isolate for
7 days as per the government guidelines.
- Educators who are household close contacts are told not to attend work and
to get tested and isolate for 7 days as per government guidelines.
As always, we are vigilant in our hygiene management in the services, with social
distancing, strict hand hygiene, cleaning, and disinfecting the services.
Throughout this pandemic, the health and safety of our children, families, and staff have always been our top priority.
Effective 3 February 2022